To edit the contact form that displays on each property:
- Properties > RETS Settings > Realtor Customization Settings.
- Edit the email address. Form submissions will be sent to the email address.
- Edit the name, address, and phone number. These will be displayed on each property page.
NOTE: Contact forms on Wovax properties are powered by the Jetpack plugin. This plugin must be activated (WordPress Dashboard > Plugins > Add New) and the contact forms enabled.
Most MLS boards require you to display a legal disclaimer and/or logo on property page. To input or change the wording:
- Go to Properties > RETS Settings > Realtor Customization Settings.
- Add/edit the legal notice under Legal Notice and Information.
- Add/edit the IDX logo with the Upload IDX Logo button.
To edit the fields that display on property detail pages:
- Go to Properties > RETS Settings > Field Display Settings.
- Drag fields from the Hidden Fields box to Above Content or Below Content. Fields in the Above Content box will appear above the property description; fields in the Below Content box will appear below the property description.
- To remove a field, drag it back to the Hidden Fields box.
*NB: Most MLS boards have restrictions on which fields are available to the public, and some require you to display certain fields. Check with guidelines of your MLS board to find out which fields are confidential and which ones must be displayed.
To display a map on each property:
- Install and activate the Wovax Geolocation plugin.
- To customize the map display, go to Settings > Geolocation > Geolocation Plugin Settings. Adjust the width, height, position, and default zoom level of the map. To change the appearance of the map pin, click Upload Custom Map Pin and upload a new image.
The labels of the property fields (e.g.”City,” “Bathrooms”, “Price”) are determined automatically by the Wovax plugin. To customize (e.g. from “Bedrooms” to “Beds”):
- Go to Properties > RETS Settings > Field Aliases.
- Choose a field and replace the text with the new field title.
- Click Save.
By default, the title for a property is the street address. To add additional fields to the title:
- Go to Properties > RETS Settings > Title and Status Settings.
- Drag fields from the Unused Fields on the right into the Post Title Modifiers box or the Featured Field box.
Post Title Modifiers will appear in the title separated by dashes. Featured Fields will appear under the title on separate lines in a smaller font than the title.
To set the default image for properties with no photos:
- Properties > RETS Settings > Advanced Settings.
- Select Upload Default Property Image and choose a default image.
Some MLS boards provide images that have white borders. To remove white borders from images:
- Properties > RETS Settings > Advanced Settings.
- Find Remove White Borders and click Turn On.
The property details page may use either the Preview Gallery or the Full Size Gallery. To change the display:
- Properties > RETS Settings > Gallery Settings.
- Choose the preferred setting from the Property Gallery Style dropdown.
Properties on the MLS will disappear off your site automatically as they go off the market. However, if you need to delete one manually:
- Go to Properties > All Properties.
- Search for the property you wish to delete (the easiest way to find a property is to enter the address into the search box).
- Delete the Property.
- Go to Trash and select Empty Trash.
To add a property to the site that is not in the MLS feed (e.g. a pocket listing):
- Halt the property import. Go to Properties > Import Status and click the Halt Importing! button.
- Go to Properties > Add New. This will bring you to a page where you can enter the information for your property. First, click the Screen Options tab in the top right corner of the screen and check the Custom Fields checkbox.
- Enter the information for the property:
- Title – Enter a title for your property in the field that says, “Enter title here.”
- Description – Enter remarks about the property in the text box just below the Title field.
- Images – Add images of the property by clicking on the Manage Gallery button in the Wovax Post Gallery section and following the directions in the window that appears. To choose the image that will show up on the search results page and that will appear at the top of the details page in a larger size, click the “Use as featured image” link at the bottom of the Manage Gallery window. Click the Save All Changes button, then close the window. You should now be back at the Add New Property page. If you have added more than one image, go to the Wovax App Post Settings section in the top right and change the Enable Gallery in App option to “Yes.” Click the Update button.
- Featured Image – Set a Featured Image to display in the list view of properties.
- Property Details – Toward the bottom of the Add New page is a Custom Fields section, which has a subsection entitled “Add New Custom Field.” Click “—Select—” to choose the field you want to add. Then enter the information for that field in the Value textbox. For example, if the city is Bellevue, select “City” from the Name dropdown and type “Bellevue” in the Value field. Then click the Add Custom Field button.
- MLS # – Do not add an MLS# as a custom field. Instead, put it in the description/body content area.
- Fields – If the name of the desired field does not appear in the dropdown, add it by clicking on the “Enter new” link located directly below the Name dropdown, which will then turn into a textbox. Enter the name with the appropriate value. Then click the Add Custom Field button.
- In the Property Categories section on the right, check the Customized box. This will ensure that the automated process of importing MLS properties will not delete or overwrite your manually-edited property. If this property is for a featured listing, check the “Featured” checkbox, too. Click Publish.
- Go to Properties > Import Status and click Resume Importing.
The new listing will now appear among the other listings on the site and will be searchable in the same way as the MLS listings are. However, automated updating and deleting will not be applied to it. All edits and updates, including deleting, will have to be done manually. If you add new listings manually before they are added to the MLS, you will need to delete them once the listing appears on the MLS. Otherwise the listing will appear twice on your site.
View PropertiesMay 5th 2017 in
You will find your real estate properties in the WordPress Dashboard for your site under Properties > All Properties.
It is possible to have a page with listings that are already filtered for certain criteria. For example, many sites have a pages dedicated to certain communities. This may be done with also be accomplished with shortcodes, but it is easiest to simply create a URL.
- Create a place from which you link to the new page. This could be a menu item or a link on a page.
- Open your website that is under development—not the WordPress Dashboard but the actual site.
- Fill out the search form according to the criteria you want, such as “Bedrock” for a city and click the Search button.
- Copy the URL on the results page. In this example, the URL would look something like this: http://new_site.com/search-results/?8=All&5=&6=All&1=&4=Bedrock&2=&3=&cols=6
- Use this URL in the link that takes you to the page that will have the pre-filtered results. In this example you might have a menu for communities with a menu item under it that takes the user to a page of properties in Bedrock. This menu item would have be a custom link with the URL listed above. If you are using a hyperlink to this new page, use this as the URL for that link.
To add a new Property Category:
- In the WordPress Dashboard for the site, go to Properties > Property Category.
- Enter the name of the new category in the Name field.
- Enter the slug for that name.
- Write a helpful description of the new category. (optional)
- Click the Add New Category button.
Add the properties to a category:
- Find the desired properties under Properties > All Properties, using the filter in the upper right to help you.
- For each property in the new category, hover over the title of the property on the Properties page and click the Quick Edit link.
- In the Property Categories section, check the box next to the new category.
- Click the Update button on the bottom right for that property.
Create a page displaying properties in a category:
- Create a new page with appropriate title and content.
- Add the following shortcode to the content:
where XXXXX is the slug of the new category.