The first step in setting up your IDX website is the WordPress install on the Wovax servers. When you purchase any of our products, we will send a welcome email requesting some basic information, such as the final site URL, theme choice, whether you are migrating an existing WordPress site or starting from scratch, and the agent’s name and MLS board. Once we have this information we will set your site up on a hidden URL while it is in development. If you are building out the site yourself, we will send you logins so you can work on the site design while we are integrating the IDX. If you did not receive the welcome email, please check your spam or junk mail folders, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Setup Search FilterMay 30th 2017 in
To add fields to the search filter:
- Wovax Core > Search Filter > Search Filters
- Select a field from the Select Custom Field dropdown, and enter a Label and/or Placeholder Text.
- Choose the type of search from the dropdown (Numeric Minimum, Numeric Maximum, Existing Value, etc.)
- For a keyword search that searches the property title and description, select Search the Content.
- Select Add Search Filter.
To search hide a filter from the mobile app, uncheck the In App box.
To setup a custom search range:
- Wovax Core > Search Filter > Search Filters, select the field for the custom search range from the Select Custom Field dropdown and choose Custom Range from the Search Type dropdown. Add the Label and Placeholder Text, and Add Search Filter.
- Wovax Core > Search Filter > Search Filter > Search Range Builder, select the field from the Custom Range dropdown (you may need to refresh the page).
- If it is a monetary field, select Currency.
- Enter a set of custom search ranges.
- Edit the display text for each range (e.g. “$1,000,000+” for “$1,000,000 – $20,000,000”).
Setup Wovax Search Bars & WidgetsMay 5th 2017 in
To add a search bar to a page, use the shortcode
Add these widgets to any widget area:
- Wovax Recent Posts – Displays listings by most recent or by taxonomy in rows of three. Set Post Type to “Properties” and Display Template to “Property Template.”
- Wovax Property Carousel – Displays listings by most recent or by taxonomy in a carousel format.
- Wovax Search Form – Places a search bar in widget areas of your site. Set “Use All Filters” to “no” to display a subset of search options.
Connect to Live MLS DataMay 5th 2017 in
- Send the RETS Login URL, username, and password sent to you by the MLS board to email@example.com. If you do not have logins or are unsure about this step, please contact us.
- Wovax will complete the rest of the setup. This process may take up to two weeks.
Create a Search Results PageMay 5th 2017 in
- Create a WordPress page with the URL domain.com/search-results (note: the plugins will not work with a different slug).
- Add the shorcode:
This shortcode will not work on any other page.
Install a ThemeMay 5th 2017 in
Wovax themes are built to work seamlessly with our plugins. Other themes may require additional CSS to integrate visually with the plugins.
To install a theme:
- Appearance > Themes, install the Genesis theme.
- Appearances > Themes, select Add New, then Upload Theme (top).
- Drag the zip file for the Wovax theme to the Choose File button and Install. If you need the zip file, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Appearance > Themes, Activate the theme.
Setup Test PropertiesMay 5th 2017 in
- Properties > RETS Settings > Advanced Settings, copy the text in the Set Server Access Key text box.
- Send a) this key and b) your site URL to email@example.com.
- Wovax will set up the test properties.
Install Wovax PluginsMay 5th 2017 in
- Settings > Permalinks, set permalink to Post Name.
- Plugins > Add New, select Upload Plugin (top left).
- Add the Wovax plugin zip file.
- Activate Wovax Core.
- Activate all other Wovax plugins.