Everyone with a brand must have an iPhone app for growth and survival. That was the message from the CES panel discussion for iPhone apps and their impact on culture, technology, advertising and entertainment.
“It’s like 10 years ago when the debate was: ‘do I have to get a website or not?”
“People were unsure, but these days, the answer is obvious: if you’re not on the Web, it’s like you don’t exist.”
said Walker Fenton, Vice President, Mobile & Data Services at NewsGator. Fenton added that companies must be on the iPhone.
“It’s almost a requirement,” he said. “You’ve got to be on the iPhone; same as you’ve got to be on the Web.”
“If you are wondering about whether or not to get on the mobile, the answer is ‘yes’.’ Get on the mobile now.”
Does my company need a mobile app? 13 reasons why your brand needs an app.
- iPhone apps are a part of people’s daily routine
- Your blog is just one touch away on your readers iPhone
- It’s more convenient for your following
- You can announce an “Event” with push notifications
- The mobile internet market is growing at a much faster rate than fixed internet
- The developing world’s connection to the internet is much more mobile centric than the Western world’s fixed line communications infrastructure
- 75% of our planet is still not connected to the Internet so the potential over the coming decades is substantial
- It will differentiate you from your competition
- You create a deeper engagement
- Drive more reader loyalty
- Your branding will be on your followers iPhones
- It will drive more traffic on your blog and ultimately more profits for your site
- It enables easy social network sharing of your content between your readers and their friends.