It is possible to have a page with listings that are already filtered for certain criteria. For example, many sites have a pages dedicated to certain communities. This may be done with also be accomplished with shortcodes, but it is easiest to simply create a URL.
- Create a place from which you link to the new page. This could be a menu item or a link on a page.
- Open your website that is under development—not the WordPress Dashboard but the actual site.
- Fill out the search form according to the criteria you want, such as “Bedrock” for a city and click the Search button.
- Copy the URL on the results page. In this example, the URL would look something like this: http://new_site.com/search-results/?8=All&5=&6=All&1=&4=Bedrock&2=&3=&cols=6
- Use this URL in the link that takes you to the page that will have the pre-filtered results. In this example you might have a menu for communities with a menu item under it that takes the user to a page of properties in Bedrock. This menu item would have be a custom link with the URL listed above. If you are using a hyperlink to this new page, use this as the URL for that link.