All properties on your website may be found in your WordPress dashboard under Properties > All Properties.
To manually add a property to the site that is not in the MLS feed (e.g. a pocket listing):
- Properties > Import Status and click Halt Importing!
- Properties > Add New.
- Under Screen Options (tab in the top right), select the Custom Fields box.
- Enter the information for the property:
- Description – Enter remarks about the property in the text box below the Title field.
- Images – Add images of the property by clicking on the Manage Gallery button in the Wovax Post Gallery section and following the directions that appear. Click Save All Changes and close the window. If you have added more than one image, go to the Wovax App Post Settings section in the top right and change the Enable Gallery in App option to “Yes.” Click Update.
- Featured Image – Set a Featured Image to display in the list view of properties.
- Property Details – Toward the bottom of the page you’ll find Custom Fields, which has a subsection entitled Add New Custom Field. Click —Select— to choose the field you want to add. Enter the information for each field. (E.g. if the city is Bellevue, select “City” from the Name dropdown and “Bellevue” as the value. Add Custom Field.
- MLS # – Do not add an MLS# as a custom field. Put it in the description/body content area.
- Fields – If the name of the desired field does not appear in the dropdown, add it by clicking Enter New.” Enter the field name and value. Add Custom Field.
- Under Property Categories (right), check the Customized box. This will ensure that the automated process of importing MLS properties will not delete or overwrite your manually-edited property. If this property is a featured listing, check the “Featured” checkbox, too. Publish.
- Properties > Import Status, Resume Importing.
The new listing will now appear among the other listings on the site and will be searchable. However, automated updating and deleting will not apply. All edits and updates, including deleting, will have to be done manually. If you add a new listing manually before it is added to the MLS, please delete it once it is in the MLS to avoid duplicates.
To edit the description, title, photos, or field values of a property:
- Properties > All Properties, find and edit the property.
- Check “Customized” under Property Categories (otherwise the edits will be overwritten the next time new information is imported from the MLS). The property will no longer be updated by the MLS feed, so you will need to manually make changes to price, status, etc.
Properties on the MLS will disappear automatically as they go off the market. However, if you need to delete one manually:
- Properties > All Properties, delete the property.
- Go to Trash and Empty Trash.